The thermostat is soaring. Company is coming over. The last place you want to be is in the kitchen. Don’t worry, Vibrant Table has your back. Chef Brockman shares this delicious — and beautiful — recipe for chilled melon soup topped with strawberry and mint relish. It’s quick, refreshing, and a fun twist to items common at summer entertainment. Even better, this chilled soup takes minutes to prepare and can be made ahead of time. So get out of that kitchen, grab a glass of wine, and join your friends on the patio.
* * *
LIST OF INGREDIENTS
- 1 each honeydew melon
- ¼ cup Midori
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- ½ cup small diced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint
- Peel and remove seeds from the melon, chop into chunks.
- Add melon and Midori to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Chill thoroughly and adjust seasoning.
- Combine diced strawberries and mint in a separate bowl.
- Serve in a chilled bowl (or shot glass!) and garnish with the strawberry relish.
* * *
You Might Also Like To
- Discover other recipes from Chef Brockman
- Find tips to make summer hosting a breeze.
- Join our mailing list to get tips, recipes, and Portland event news.