March 12, 2020
At VT Group, the health and safety of our clients and employees is our priority. We are taking the threat of COVID-19/Coronavirus very seriously so we may continue to operate and serve our clients.
As of March 11, 2020, Governor Brown announced a statewide ban on gatherings of more than 250 people for a 4 week period. We will be directly contacting all currently booked clients who have events with 250+ guests within this 4 week time-frame to discuss alternative options.
Mayor Wheeler has recently announced a city-wide state of emergency in Portland and we will await to hear how this may impact future events. We will comply with local government restrictions and will continue to closely follow local health authorities, the Center for Disease Control and World Health Organization for updates.
We are committed to supporting our business partners by creating a safe experience for everyone attending by implementing smart and proactive strategies. We are all in this together and are working hard to support each other and our Portland community.
To ensure the health and safety of everyone, we are taking very specific measures around off-site catering and our on-site facilities including:
- Increase our existing schedule of deep cleaning
- Continual disinfectant monitoring – staff assigned to areas within the event spaces, wiping down doorknobs, tables, light switches, handrails, etc. throughout the day
- Hand sanitizing stations at each entrance for both staff and guests; hand sanitizer in all event packs
- Re-enforce hand washing is the KEY; adding additional hand washing stations within the building and at events
- Keeping ALL soap dispensers filled, paper towels stocked, as well as increased restroom checks
- Hand sanitizing stations for guests and front of house staff
- Additional hand washing stations for food service areas at venues where necessary
- Supporting guests and attendees who may wear masks and/or latex gloves
VTG RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CLIENTS & ATTENDEES:
- Please minimize hugs and kisses, and even handshakes
- If you don’t feel well, please stay home
- Wash your hands! Tired of singing “Happy Birthday?” We suggest this!
- Leave distance between yourselves and the other attendees
- Clean your cell phones on a regular basis.
- If you want to wear latex gloves or a mask, feel free – you won’t be conspicuous
VTG STAFF PROTOCOL:
- Stay home when sick. Management is sending employees home if they exhibit symptoms. Employees must be fever-free for 24 hours and have management approval prior to returning to work
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and hot water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover coughs and sneezes and always your wash hands afterward
- If you feel sick while on-shift, immediately tell a manager and go home
- Clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces frequently, including doors, chairs, tables, water dispensers, and EVERYTHING
- Enhanced food and beverage safety procedures to avoid contamination
- Do not handle phones or personal devices near food, beverage or service areas and be sure to wash your hands after you touch your phone (and face)