Looking to mix things up at your company picnic or family barbecue this summer? Consider hosting your summer gathering at your favorite city space and adding creative twists to traditional summertime games.
We’ve compiled some of our favorite Portland picnic spots — both traditional and modern — along with resources and pro tips for making your summer gathering the talk of your friends and colleagues.
* * *
fun URBAN “PICNIC” VENUES
Traditional Picnic Spots
*BEER & WINE allowed with a special event permit and event insurance. LIQUOR SERVICE allowed with special permission.
company picnics & family reunions
Planning a summer picnic for you business, organization, or family is easy with Vibrant Table. From hunting for the perfect picnic spot to hanging the decorations, from selecting menu options to hiring the entertainment, no task is too small for our team of knowledgeable event professionals. Here are some picnic tips from the Vibrant Table event team:
- Are you a small company that doesn’t quite have the budget to treat your employees the way you want? Collaborate with some of your friends and neighbors to offer one large party. Combining resources saves money, makes a more exciting event, and promotes community building.
- Bring out the child in your guests with fun, familiar games sized for the outdoors, like giant garden dominoes or tall Jenga-like tumble towers.
- Implement a bug-proof plan before the pests arrive. Depending on the problem bugs in your area, set out your fans, zappers or bait during set up.
- Spruce up picnic tables with an oilcloth tablecloth in a fun pattern. The pattern options are limitless and oilcloth is easy to clean yet inexpensive. Cut with pinking shears for added detail.
- Picnicking under trees or not sure about the weather? Clearspan tenting provides protection from rain or falling leaves without obstructing the outdoor ambiance.
what are your picnic tips?
Do you have a favorite spot? What tricks do you have to throw a fun picnic party? We love to hear from our readers!